EVENING Induction Course for New Governors Pt 1 (Thurs 27 Feb 2020) AND Pt 2 (Thurs 5 Mar 2020) (18.30 - 20.30)
This course is built around the core functions of the governing body, the responsibilities of school governors and the part that governors play in helping their schools to raise standards of educational achievement. The course covers:
• the role of the individual governor and strategic corporate governance
• the school system and the role of governing bodies in academies and maintained schools including federations and multi-academy trusts (MATs)
• the core functions of a governing body
• the key roles and legal responsibilities of the governing body
• the different and complementary roles of governors and head teachers
• the links between school self evaluation, school improvement planning and performance management
• the characteristics of effective governing bodies
• governing body self evaluation
• Ofsted – the new framework from September 2019
• how to participate effectively as a governor in the life of the school
• getting to grips with education jargon
Teacher Training for GCSE/ A Level Spanish (TSST:MFL)
Delivered in English and will comprise a theoretical reflection, with practical examples, on some key aspects of the new GCSE and A level programme, with a focus on the four language skills, on using translation as a teaching tool and on the use and design of authentic teaching material based on the Task-Based Approach to language teaching and learning (30hrs).
Conducted in the target language and will expand the content presented in the morning with practical Spanish GCSE and A Level examples based on the Task-Based Approach, with the possibility to share ideas and teaching material and to do some micro teaching sessions (30hrs).